Sunday, April 27, 2008

[NEWS] Paid.Vg iHas Officially Ended For Good

This I believed marked the end of Paid.Vg. Below you is the extracted message brought to you by the owner of Paid.Vg, Alex himself.

25th April 2008

I regret to inform you that Paid.vg will now be closing. I didn’t want it to come to this; I know that many users have accused this site of being a scam. I can assure you that my intentions were and are completely legitimate, I wanted Paid.vg to be the perfect PTC site, and I spent a solid month improving the original $30 Bux script. It had many bugs and missing features. I redesigned it to be as clear and fast as I could by fixing the errors, adding new features and giving it a unique design. I know that you can now buy a PTC script for around $40-50 and have your PTC site running in no time at all, but I really put effort into the site in order to make it different and not just another generic buggy Bux site. There is a simple explanation to why Paid.vg and 99% of PTC don’t stay open.

The PTC business model does not work.

I can’t stress that enough. I hope more and more people start to realise this. The list of sites that have closed down with no explanation is endless. Yet the PTC community continue to use PTCs. Paid.vg has stayed open for 6 months. This is longer than most PTCs live, I probably should have realised that the site was failing and closed it much earlier to avoid the problems now, but I was stubborn and believed it could be worked through, I made several attempts at reviving the site with no luck.

Bux Up was launched in order to generate some cash in order to help pay off the requests pending at Paid.vg. I know that a lot of users boycotted Bux Up because Paid.vg owns it; I apologize if it was misleading. Script.vg doesn’t have the demand I thought it might, this will be closed down in the near future and the few that have not received their script yet will receive it by tomorrow.

I would like to move out of the PTC industry, it has been extremely difficult and stressful. I would just like to explain something to those of you who are new to the PTC sites or haven’t really thought about how they work. Essentially, the picture that is created for the user is, the ads you click are funded by advertisers who are external to the site. This is not the case for 99.99% of the PTCs out there, the site may have one or two occasional outside advertisers, but the site itself funds nearly all of the ads. This means that the money paid out to the users is from those who pay for upgrades or referrals. At first launch it may seem like the site is doing well, referrals and upgrades are bought in abundance, however after a few weeks or months the payment requests start flooding in. The requests eventually amount to more then is being earned by the site.
I apologize if you are a dedicated PTC user, some of the things I have said may not be exactly what you want to hear. I am sure 99% of you will continue to use PTCs as normal and I am sure it provides a small income for many of you, but in the end the model doesn’t work and there are always people who lose out.

I am glad that Paid.vg never expanded as quickly as Bux.to. Bux.to is a ticking time bomb that is waiting to go off. It is far bigger than any PTC should ever be.

What happens next?
I have created a temporary forum available here for the next few days. I will be on to answer any good questions. A section will also be available for those of you who feel you are the worst off. If you explain clearly then this may improve you chances of being reimbursed for any lost money. Please do not abuse the temporary forum; there is no point if it is not used constructively. The $3,120 remaining in my account will be used to pay those who have lost out from Paid.vg. Those who have either lost nothing or profited from Paid.vg will take the least priority. This page and the temporary forum will be taken down once as many issues have been fixed as possible. Bux Up will only display ads from external advertisers from now on, which may mean fewer ads, but a more reliable and long lasting site. Like I said before, I would like to leave the PTC area, I will definitely not be opening any more PTCs, however I will keep Bux Up open. It should be a long lasting site, as external advertisers will fund it. But unfortunately most PTC users have become accustomed to the 8-20 ads available a day at PTC sites, which Bux Up simply won’t be able to compete with. However, I realise now, slow and steady wins the race.

If you have read this entire message I appreciate that, I realise it is quite long, I tried to keep it concise as possible. I truly apologize for any issues that Paid.vg has caused and I hope that I am able to cover your losses over the next couple of days.

Alex

No comments: